High-density fleece and incompressible Spacetek material are used throughout the HALO 3D to add layers of insulation in areas especially sensitive to heat loss, such as the kidneys, torso and inside of the forearms, thus maximizing warmth and minimizing bulk. In May of 2013, Fourth Element released the newer version of this suit, which offers an additional layer of high density fleece on the chest, midriff and thighs, behind the innovative SPACETEK fabric, increasing the thermal protection where exposure is greatest when in horizontal trim position.
Fourth Element has incorporated a continuous underarm panel to maximise flexibility, and replaced the SPACETEK fabric in the shoulders with more flexible high density fleece, giving an even greater range of movement.
Handwarmer pockets (in response to popular demand) have been added to both men’s and women’s styles and the women’s suit features the “comfort zip” enabling the wearer to use the bathroom without removing the undersuit.
SPORT DIVER AWARD RUNNER UP
We are very proud that the HALO 3D was runner-up in the Sport Diver UK Awards for most innovative product in 2013.
Bio-Mapped thermal protection for drysuit diving
The HALO 3D is fourth elements newest undersuit. Designed to maximize thermal protection whilst minimizing buoyancy, the HALO 3D suit has body mapped insulation placed strategically the enhance protection while in horizontal trim. Sitting between Arctic and SubX, the HALO 3D is the perfect complement to the current range of drysuit thermal protection.
- Spacetek compression proof panels
- Spacetek materials blends perfectly with the dual layer construction to provide constant compression resistant layer of air on the torso front, thighs, and shoulders. The benefit of this additional protection becomes clear, as soon as you enter the water you feel cocooned by 8mm thick enhanced thermal protection layers.
- Heavyweight thermal fleece
- Elsewhere on the HALO 3D, three layers of heavyweight, high density material enhanced protection of critical areas. The back, kidney region, buttocks and hamstring region is protected. Combined with the insulation offered by the Spacetek material, you will feel warmer and better protected.
- One piece design
- The one piece design is made with functionally in mind, as part of a layer system with xerotherm. This means that the suit is lower profile around the hips and midriff, allowing maximum maneuverability from a simple yet high performing garment with additional thermal protection layers located where they are needed most. The HALO 3D is engineered for those that want the best.
- Forearm insulation
- The three layer enhanced thermal protection is also located on the inside of the forearm, where blof flows close to the skin surface. This helps to minimize cooling of the blood before it reaches the hands. Keeping the hands warmer.
International Size Comparison Guide